1. What is proyectosmexico.gob.mx / mexicoprojectshub.gob.mx?
mexicoprojectshub.gob.mx is an initiative of the Federal Government of Mexico, hosted by the National Bank for Public Works and Services (BANOBRAS for its Spanish acronym), which includes the main infrastructure and energy projects in Mexico that require the participation of the private sector.
2. What kind of information can be found at Mexico Projects Hub?
The website has four primary main sections:
- Projects – Information regarding the supply of the main infrastructure and energy projects of the country that require the participation of the private sector.
- Why Mexico? – Information about the economic, geographic and demographic situation of the country, as well as its business environment, structural reforms and current infrastructure situation.
- How to Invest? – Description of the principal national and sectorial plans associated to infrastructure development, the process of the investment cycle in each sector, its regulation and financing mechanisms.
- Knowledge Hub – Documents of general interest for project sponsors that include basic and specialized literature, and for investors, such as contracts, studies, links and events.
Relevant news regarding the country’s infrastructure sector can be found in its homepage
3. What kind of projects are included in Mexico Projects Hub?
Infrastructure and energy projects in Mexico that require financing from the private sector, including, without limitation equity or debt. That is having a public-private participation mechanism, or are subject to such, including concessions, partial transfer of rights, public-private partnership contracts, public financed works, etc.
In exceptional cases, traditional public works which, in the opinion of BANOBRAS, are considered flagship projects of relevant investment amounts.
4. How can I receive information of specific projects?
Users can receive custom alerts of specific projects in two ways:
- Registration – notifications according to specific selection criteria and / or groups of projects.
- Follow this Project – notifications regarding a specific project (a button is located in the electronic file of each project).
5. What are the public-private partnership schemes used for the development of projects in Mexico and found in Mexico Projects Hub?
There are different kinds of partnerships between the public and private sectors for infrastructure projects, which differ mainly in the type of contract and risk distribution, such as:
- Concessions: contracts through which the government grants the private operation and / or construction of works associated to public domain assets.
- Contracts for Long-Term Provision of Services: service agreements between a public entity and a private developer who undertakes the obligation to provide infrastructure for the long-term provision of public services.
- Public Financed Work: The private developer carries out the investments required by the project; at its conclusion, the public entity settles the payment of the agreed investments.
- Joint Venture: This scheme is used for risk sharing purposes, basically in oil & gas projects.
Upon the decision of the public entity, these mechanisms can be executed schemes through a specific agreement regulated by Public-Private Partnerships Law.
6. How can I find projects of my interest?
New and operating projects can be searched in the Projects Section in three ways:
- Quick search map to identify projects by sector, stage and geographical location.
- Advanced search engine:
a. Search criteria
b. Search by word
- Macro Projects and Programs Section, which groups projects by sector.
7. What information can I find in reference to each project?
General information of the projects under the following
- Legal and Financial Structure
- Status (relevant dates / terms, and, if applicable, the assignee of the tender)
- Sponsor / Convener (contact information of the government entity and officer responsible for the project)
- Additional Information (links related to different sources of information related to the project cycle, permits, contracts, tender guidelines, etc.)
8. Can I identify in Mexico Projects Hub the specific financing requirements (equity or debt) for each of the projects?
No. Financing requirements vary from project to project. However, contact information of the projects’ sponsor can be found in the platform and, if applicable, the contract assignee, with whom this information may be obtained.
9. What information can I find related to the bidding process of each project?
In Mexico Projects Hub you can find specific dates or estimated deadlines for the call for bids, delivery of proposals, ruling and execution of the contracts, as well as direct links to official tender systems such as (COMPRANET, CNH, SENER, CENACE, etc.) that include all the information and documents related to the bidding process of each project. For more information about the operation of the tender processes, please refer to the section How to Invest? / Organizations and Processes.
10. Can I register in a tender process from the Mexico Projects Hub?
Mexico Projects Hub is only a communication vehicle. You cannot participate in a tender process from Mexico Projects Hub; however, direct links to the official tender systems are available.
11. Which is the source of information of the projects and how often is it updated?
Information is provided by or obtained from official sources, generators and/or sponsors of the projects, and by other official sources such as CompraNet, the Official Gazette of the Federation, the Investments Unit of the Ministry of Finance (SHCP for its Spanish acronym), the Federal Expenditure Budget, Budgetary Transparency, the National Agrarian Record, the Energy Regulatory Commission, the Ministry of Energy, etc.
The information is constantly updated in an effort to provide the latest available data.
12. Is a registration or payment required to access the information?
Mexico Projects Hub is a free and open access website, which does not require any type of registration to obtain the information.
13. Does Banobras participate in the financial structure of all the projects included in the Mexico Projects Hub?
No. Mexico Projects Hub is a website operated by the National Bank of Public Works and Services (Banobras for its Spanish acronym), where projects are published, regardless of the participation of Banobras in such projects.
14. Projects from any interested party can be included in Mexico Projects Hub?
Currently the website only publishes public projects. For further information, please refer to the General Policies of Project Selection and Classification / Eligible Projects.
15. Can I find information of potential partners in the website?
Currently, we publish the information regarding the name and website of the assignee for those projects that have already been ruled.
16. Can the information contained in Mexico Projects Hub be exported to other formats for a specific analysis?
Yes. The information of different sections of the website can be exported to Excel, PDF or printed. Additionally, each project has a QR code for a quick access.
17. Are all the projects published in the platform delivered?
Not necessarily. There are projects in the planning stage that could be postponed or canceled, depending on the conclusions of the respective studies.
18. Is all the information of the platform available in English?
Yes, all the information within the website can be found in English (excluding some documents located in the Knowledge Hub). In most cases, external links and documents are only available in Spanish.
19. Is investment and participation in infrastructure projects open to foreign companies in all sectors?
Yes, excluding those projects whose tender process is limited to Mexican companies and foreign companies located in countries with whom Mexico has signed commercial agreements with a government procurement section.